Help for students
1. I am interested in taking your professional examination in order to become a CPA in Hong Kong. What does the Qualification Programme entail?
Ans: The QP comprises of four modules and a final examination. QP candidates gain knowledge through self-study, workshops and examinations in order to develop the necessary application skills and competencies which are essential for a CPA.
2. I hold a Hong Kong degree. Can I join your Institute to become a QP student? Are any exemptions given?
Ans: Basically, QP students are required to complete the QP in full, i.e. complete four QP modules and a final examination. If you have already completed a degree that has been accredited by the Institute, you are eligible to apply for student registration under the QP.
3. I completed my studies at an overseas university. Can I join your Institute to become a QP student? Are any exemptions given?
Ans: Basically, QP students are required to complete the QP in full, i.e. complete four QP modules and a final examination. If you have completed a non-Hong Kong based degree, you are required to get your qualification assessed on a case-by-case basis in order to determine if you are eligible to apply for a QP studentship.
4. What examination assistance functions are currently available to help registered students prepare for the QP module?
Ans: To help QP candidates prepare for the module examinations, the Institute organizes a series of examination assistance functions for each examination session:
Module preparation seminars
A series of 3-hour seminars organized before the QP workshops, to reinforce a QP candidate’s understanding of the difficult topics highlighted in each module and to brush up their examination drilling techniques.
5. I know there the enhanced QP was implemented in 2010. Could you tell me more about the enhanced QP?
Ans: The enhanced QP was implemented in December 2010 examination session. No major structural change is proposed but there are various areas where enhancements are desirable. An Information Paper and FAQ have been prepared to let you know more about the enhanced QP.