Online Application for QP Registration
Prior to proceed the online application, applicants should read respective user guide as following:
New application / Re-application / Re-registration >>> Click here
You will receive an email notification to acknowledge the online application and be reminded to submit the required items to the Insitute's Hong Kong office by the deadline. If you fail to obtain the login account or the email notification, kindly contact us with your identity card number at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Instruction to the Applicants
- Applicants should complete this application correctly and note the deadline and fees.
- Application deadline for QP registration:
|For candidates intending to enrol QP for||Application with required items|
must be reached the HKICPA Hong Kong office by
|December 2018 Session|
5 July 2018 (Thu) - closed
June 2019 Session
31 December 2018 (Mon)
Note: Registered students should click here for the timetable for QP enrolment.
- All applications MUST be supported by documentary evidence of academic achievements. Certified true copies of academic records are required. For applicants who submit the application in person, they should present both the original copies and photocopies of all academic records to the Institute for inspection and certification.
- Applicants who have completed the PRC CPA Uniform Examination - Under the agreement signed between the Hong Kong Institute of CPAs and CICPA, Hong Kong Institute of CPAs will forward the following documents to CICPA for certification purpose: "Certificate of Completion" (全科合格证) of the PRC CPA Uniform Examination (全国统一考试) or CICPA membership certificate, a photo and identity card / passport copy.
- Applicants with non-Hong Kong qualifications are advised to read the “Student Registration Requirements for Applicants with Non-Hong Kong Degrees” for further details.
- Fail to submit all the required items (e.g. transcripts, correct fee(s)) will delay the application and you may not be allowed to enroll for the coming examination session.
- Submission of Application - The application and required items submitted by post / in person should be reached the Institute by the application deadline.
- Acknowledgement - Applicants will receive an email notification to acknowledge their online application. If you do not receive the email, your online application for QP registration may deem unsuccessful. Please contact the Student Registration Section at email@example.com for assistance.
- Notice of Application Result - Application result will normally be available before the enrolment deadline of each examination session or two months after the date of submission of completed application documents.
- Enrolment in the QP Module(s) – This application is for student registration only. Registered students may refer to their studentship confirmation for the QP module enrolment details.
First Registration Fee
$450 a, c, g
First Annual Fee
$450 a, c, g
Non-Hong Kong Qualification Assessment Fee
(one-off fee for applicants with non-Hong Kong qualification)
$1,200 b, c at the time of initial registration
$900 c, e or $1,350 c, f
$450 c, g
Module Enrolment Fee
$4,400 per Module h
Final Examination Enrolment Fee
|First registration fee and the first annual fee are payable by a new applicant for initial registration as a student. These fees are non-refundable and non-transferable regardless of whether the application for student registration is successful.|
|The non-Hong Kong qualification assessment fee is non-refundable and non-transferable regardless of whether the application for student registration is successful.|
|Applicants fail to submit the required items for assessment within 6 months from the application date, their application would be deemed un-successful and all fees paid are non-refundable. Applicants are required to submit a new application and provide supporting documents together with the appropriate fees should they wish to re-apply.|
|Annual fee is due on 31 January of each year. Students register between 1 January and 31 December of the current year should pay for their annual fee for the next year on or before 31 January of the next year.|
|For students who have notified the Institute before 15 December of the year that they wish to resign from the Institute and have no fees outstanding, on re-registration, they are only required to pay the re-registration fee ($450) + annual fee ($450) = $900.|
|For students who resign after 15 December, or are removed from the Register for non-payment of annual fee or for any other reason, such as disciplinary action, on re-registration, they are required to pay an additional penalty fee equivalent to the annual fee, i.e. they are required to pay the re-registration fee ($450) + annual fee ($450) + penalty fee ($450) = $1,350.|
Applicants who have been rejected as a result of not meeting the requisite standard of education will only be required to pay the re-application fee and annual fee for that year upon re-application. However, the fees will be waived if applicants complete a conversion programme (or required single subjects) and submit the re-application within 2 years from the initial assessment date.
|Students who have first time enrolled in a QP core module in full, i.e. workshops and module examination, will be given a hardcopy module learning pack (LP).|
|i.||Includes both Papers I and II of the final examination.|
|Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance:|
|Your personal data collected from this application will be used for the purposes relating to the administration of the Professional Accountants Ordinance and Professional Accountants By-laws. In addition, Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants ("the Institute") may use the collected data for statistical research and analysis, and for keeping students informed of its services. The provision of personal data by means of this application is voluntary. However, insufficient information may result in rejection of an application. Such data collected may be accessible by the Institute's officers, persons or committees processing the registration, examination and related matters.|