Technical Learning and Support
Click here to view and download the current Technical Learning and Support Programme leaflet
An indicative list of topics to be included in the technical learning and support programme from July 2014 to June 2015
Applications for registration will be accepted on a first-come-first-served basis. In case of over-subscription, consideration may be given to arranging a re-run session.
For members and students who wish to attend a course, please complete the enclosed Registration Form and return it to the Operation & Finance Department of the Institute on or before the application deadline, together with either your credit card details or a cheque. For online registration (recommended): click here or visit www.hkicpa.org.hk
Confirmation will be sent by e-mail unless your application for registration is unsuccessful. Unless the session is cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances, no refund will be given after your registration has been processed.
Technical Learning and Support Programme enquiries:
(A) TUE Programme
What is TUE and Why should you attend?
- TUE is Technical Update Evening
- TUE is a learning initiative offered and hosted by the Institute's technical support team
- TUE is a regular session on topical matters in financial reporting, auditing and ethics
- TUE is a resourceful means to build up knowledge on current accounting, auditing and ethical issues
- TUE helps you to explore key areas of complexity within the standards and to increase participants' abilities to deal with issues arising from the standards
- TUE provides a friendly environment for participants to learn at ease
- TUE provides a continuous learning program for participants to earn CPD hours
Who should attend?
- Members in practice
- Preparers of financial statements
- Financial controllers
- Members and registered students who wish to keep abreast of the Institute’s latest technical developments
When should you attend?
TUE is a year round learning program offered on a regular basis
TUE is typically held on Tuesday evening at the Institute
TUE welcomes you all
It is our goal to reach out to our members and the wider core knowledge to cope with the current situation in the accountancy profession where financial reporting has become increasingly complex. The TUEs program is an important gateway of our services. During the year, our TUEs program is mainly dedicated to address matters of topical interest such as updates on new and revised HKFRSs and some fundamental topics. In addition, sessions covering latest auditing and ethics issues are also included. The aim of the series of sessions is to provide our members and the participants with a detailed run through of the provisions of the standard and as refresher sessions on the basics and to the changes. We urge you to join in with us in these sessions, a good opportunity to refresh on what you have learnt previously and to get well versed with the standards once again. Your continuous support will undoubtedly uphold the success in our training initiatives.
|1711||5 December 2017|
Guardian Role of Professionals in Upholding Ethical Governance
[This seminar will be held from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm at ICAC Headquarter. It will include a 30-minute tour visit of the exhibition hall of ICAC Headquarter and a 90-minute presentation.]
Representative from Hong Kong Business Ethics Development Centre, ICAC
|1712||29 December 2017||Technical Update Evening: Transitioning to HKFRS 9||Candy Fong|
* Please refer here for descriptions of other competencies and ratings.
Click here to read the past sessions of TUE.
(B) Forums and Seminars
The following are events organized by the standard setting department in support of the Institute's role as the standard setter on financial reporting, auditing and professional ethics in Hong Kong.
|Date of Events||Subject|
Click here to read the past sessions of forums.
The following are workshops organized by the standard setting department in support of the Institute's role as the standard setter on financial reporting, auditing and professional ethics in Hong Kong.
|Date of Events||Subject|
|9, 12 and 15 March 2018||Workshop on IFRS/ HKFRS 17 Insurance Contracts|
|Workshop on HKFRS 15 Revenue from Contracts with Customers|
|Audit Practice Manual (2016 edition) Application Workshop|
|26 January 2018 (Tuesday)|
3 February 2018 (Saturday)
6 February 2018 (Tuesday)
8 February 2018 (Thursday)
11 February 2018 (Sunday)
|A Refresher Course on Current Auditing Standards|
HKFRS 16 Leases
- 17 January 2018 (English Semianr)
- 19 January 2018 (English Workshop)
- 22 January 2018 (Cantoneses Workshop)
|November and December 2017|
IFRS 17 Insurance Contracts
- 1 November 2017 (English Seminar)
- 5 December 2017 (English Workshop)
- 7, 11 and 14 Decemebr 2017 (Cantoneses Workshop)
Click here to read the past sessions of workshops.
|Launch Date||Subject||Course Code|
|19 April 2018||ESEMETLS1801|
|28 December 2017|
|14 December 2017|
|15 September 2017||How will the new ethical standard –NOCLAR affect you? (audio)||ESEMETLS170701|
|14 August 2017||ESEMETLS170501|
|14 August 2017||ESEMETLS170401|
|10 August 2017||ESEMETLS170601|
|15 July 2016||ETLS1603|
|8 September 2015|
Latest Implementation Guidance on the Application of Part 9 of the New Companies Ordinance
|26 May 2015|