HKICPA/HKABE Joint Scholarships for BAFS
The aims of the scholarship are to recognize academic merits; and to encourage senior secondary students to pursue the BAFS Mock Examination run by the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (HKICPA) and Hong Kong Association for Business Education Limited (HKABE).
- All secondary schools offering the subject "Business, Accounting and Financial Studies" (BAFS) with accounting/business management module, and have at least one of their students enrolling the HKICPA/HKABE BAFS Mock Examination of that examination session are eligible for nomination of the scholarships.
- Each eligible secondary school may nominate one full-time F.5 student who is studying BAFS accounting/business management module for the scholarship. The nominee shall be the top student in BAFS within the whole form (based on F.4 result). In addition, the nominee should have attained at least a pass in the four core subjects (Chinese language, English language, Mathematics (Compulsory Part) and Liberal Studies) plus 2 elective subjects in F.4. In case the top student in BAFS did not meet the above-mentioned requirement, the second best within the top ten students shall become the nominee.
- The candidate nominated should be of good character and has a track record in participating extra-curricular activities.
- If the school has both accounting and business management modules, 2 quota of nomination will be allowed if the school has at least two students enrolling the HKICPA/HKABE BAFS Mock Examination of that examination session.
- Nominations are to be submitted by schools. Completed nomination form, together with supporting documents (e.g. copies of HKID card, transcript, certificate of merit, etc), should be sent to the HKICPA for consideration.
- The decision of the HKICPA/HKABE is final. Any school which has been granted an award should not assume that the same award will be granted automatically the following year.
- The scholarship will be presented in the HKICPA Award Ceremony for Secondary Schools which will be held in April each year.
Value and validity of Scholarship
- The scholarships will be presented to the recipients in the form of a cash prize of HK$300 at the HKICPA Award Ceremony for Secondary Schools which will be held in April each year.
HKICPA/HKABE Joint Scholarships for BAFS 2016-17
Please click here to view the recipients list of HKICPA/HKABE Joint Scholarships for BAFS (2016-17)
Nomination procedure 2017-18
Please click here to download the nomination form of HKICPA/HKABE Joint Scholarships for BAFS (2017-18)