Competency-based practical experience framework
In line with practices of many overseas professional accountancy bodies, a more structured system of practical experience supervision and guidance has been introduced by the Institute. The new competency-based practical experience framework (PEF) defining the types of skills that individuals should acquire during the period of practical experience before becoming a member of the Institute has been adopted, on a voluntary basis, on 1 September 2002 and become mandatory for all the Institute's registered students on 1 January 2005.
In other words, a registered student will be required to obtain the appropriate type and level of practical experience under an authorized employer or authorized supervisor accredited by the Institute. The PEF will bring closer the relationship between prospective members, their supervisors, employers and the Institute under a supervised training environment.
Please click links below to view more:
- Information sheet
- The practical experience framework support manual:
- Practical experience requirements for QP students under the mutual examination paper exemptions agreement for mainland and Hong Kong accountants
For those who are interested in joining us as a trainer, please complete and return the relevant application form to the Institute:
- Application for registration as an authorized employer (Form AEMP)
- Application for registration as an authorized supervisor (Form ASUP)
- Authorized employer - information update form (Form AEMP-U)
- Employment information update form for authorized supervisors (Form EIU)
For the Institute's registered students who would like to apply for assignment of an external authorized supervisor, please complete and return the following application form to the Institute:
- Application for assignment of an external authorized supervisor (Form A-EAS)