Scholarships and awards
A. For Hong Kong Students
1. Qualification programme scholarships
QP scholarships recognize academic merits, serve as a new source of financial aid for deserving students and encourage top local accountancy graduates to pursue accountancy studies. A maximum of 20 QP scholarships are offered each year to eligible final year undergraduate and postgraduate students of accountancy programmes accredited by the Institute. Nominations should be submitted by the accountancy department of business schools or the scholarship selection committee of tertiary institutions.
2. Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants scholarships
The Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants scholarships were established to encourage accountancy studies and recognize academic excellence in accountancy at universities. For each academic year, the scholarships of HK$6,000 will be awarded to deserving candidates as recommended by the universities.
The scholarship recipients for undergraduate or postgraduate programmes of respective university should be a person of good character, possess outstanding performance in both academic studies and extra-curricular activities; and accept an undertaking that he/she will take the Institute's Qualification Programme as the first professional accounting examination after graduation.
3. Awards for outstanding achievement in the qualification programme
- Modules - A cash cheque of HK$6,000 and a certificate of merit are awarded to the candidate who achieves the highest examination mark in any examination session of a QP module.
- Final examination
a. The top three candidates in each examination session will be awarded:
- The Li Fook Shu Memorial Prize of HK$10,000, a gold plaque and a certificate of merit to the candidate with the highest mark.
- The BDO Prize of HK$5,000, a silver plaque and a certificate of merit to the candidate with the second highest mark.
- A cash cheque of HK$2,000, a bronze plaque and a certificate of merit to the candidate with the third highest mark.
b. In each examination session the candidate who has passed the final examination with the highest aggregate marks in
the four QP modules will be awarded the ICAEW/Simon Morris Memorial Prize of HK$5,000 and a certificate of merit.